Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

No Specs, Really?

Those of you that follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ have already heard about my quest for quiet solitude and my hemming and hawing about purchasing a decent pair of Active Noise Cancelling Headphones.

As my annoyance with ambient noise and my determination to achieve solitude increases, my apprehension towards spending upwards of $300 for a high quality set of cans decreases.

Armed with my Google search page opened I begin my quest by searching out my options which quickly leads me to the the top two brands I hear everyone talking about... Bose and Beats.  Dutifully I explore the options each company has to offer and scan over the testimonials and marketing material but find one important thing missing... cold hard facts.

No where on the site (even after downloading the PDF owners manual) do I find any performance specifications!  All I seem to find are the cosmetic specs... how long the cable is, battery type required, color options, etc.

It's been a number of years since I've purchased a significant piece of audio equipment, perhaps times have changed.  I will continue my research and report back here to share these elusive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment