Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

But what about paperless?


Just when I begin thinking I really should practice what I preach and wean myself away from my Moleskine reporter notebook they (Moleskine and Evernote) have to move closer and blur the lines again.

Though my trusty Moleskin is always as close as hand as my Samsung Note 2, rarely do I achieve the trifecta of also having a pen handy.  It's never been a real problem as the Note 2 keeps the stylus close and hand by giving me an alert should I accidentally leave it behind.  So more often than not I end up taking notes digitally into Evernote by hand, jotting down just enough information to allow me to polish things up when I get to a full-sized keyboard.

On the surface I'm a strong advocate of paperless workflow but deep down inside I love the feel of paper and even more so the feel of pen to paper.  Having choices of writing instruments somehow makes me feel more powerful than a pull-down of fonts, sizes and colors that a digital device provides.

Since I can't seem to overcome my habit of losing pens I've been trying to encourage myself to leave it behind and practice what I preach by going pure digital.

Then.... the new Evernote Business Notebook has to come out and seduce me in again. What's really starting to hook me is that it appears Evernote is exploring more options to meld the two technologies. Rather than simple (and really great) OCR, Evernote takes it a step further by reading key parts of specially laid-out documents to interact with their software.

I'm only guessing this is just the beginning,  I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment